Newton Blue is the recruitment partner for a number of leading UK tech & healthcare software groups - working only on an exclusive, retained or on-site basis.
We’re working with one of the UK’s largest developers of front line clinical systems and solutions to the NHS and UK healthcare sector, looking for an experienced software Product Owner to join a UK wide product team of 10 - a role which will see you work with clients and stakeholders across Scotland, England, Ireland & Wales. Their systems are used in 50% of Scottish GP surgeries, 75% of Welsh, 40% of Irish and a large number of English practices, managing patient records and giving access to in-field real-time patient data.
With around 240 staff in 3 locations (London, Dundee and Coventry) they are part of a global technology business with over 4200 people across 10 countries.
What you’re looking for?
A pivotal role reporting to the Group Product Manager which will see you working on a product portfolio which is a core part of the product suite and central to its future success. Being part of a development function of around 50 you’ll work closely with UX and development Scrum teams and a wide range of stakeholders including commercial teams, customers and service delivery functions.
You’ll product manage mobile and desktops applications which are used to deliver primary care in the healthcare landscape, ranging from tools which support clinical consultations by a GP to the practice management and administration of patients and patient records.
Operating within a team of cross functional software engineers, UX designers and product deployment professionals you’ll be responsible for ensuring your product roadmap is aligned with the product strategy, creating user stories and work items for the team to implement. You’ll work closely with business stakeholders and partners tailoring requirements and specifications to meet the needs of the market.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer's needs
- Work with stakeholders to set a clear vision and release plan for the products
- Organise and support product backlog ensuring all stakeholders have an opportunity to contribute
- Provide understanding and context to support story analysis and product ROI, determining the profitability of each product feature based on the cost to develop versus the forecast revenue.
- Portfolio (Solution set planning), Product (Roadmap), Release (Minimum Marketable Feature Set for this release) and sprint (sprint goal for this iteration)
- Gain approval from governance boards, constantly re-prioritise the product backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priorities
So what are we looking for?
Someone with a unique blend of business and technical savvy, with a “big-picture vision” and the drive to make that vision a reality
Someone who loves spending time in the field to understand customer problems and finding innovative solutions for the broader market
A proper team player who’s naturally great at prioritisation, problem solving, leadership, communication and analysis
- Current Product Owner/ Product Management experience
- Knowledge of well documented agile patterns and techniques
- Software sector experience
What would make you perfect?
- Agile/Scrum certification
- Pharmacy or Healthcare domain experience Atlassian tool suite, including JIRA and Confluence
- Degree in Computer Science/ Business Analysis
It’s a great time to join as they build a new range of solutions, applications and products putting them ahead of the competition and at the forefront of the market. They’re passionate about what they do and love knowing they make a difference, having a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of people across the UK. Their work helps GP’s and medical professionals and frees up time and money for critical NHS services.
They’re fully Agile, working in modern, open plan offices with floor to ceiling windows, break out spaces and meeting areas.
With competitive competitive salaries and great benefits - pension, life assurance, illness cover, cycle schemes, free fruit and a day each month to look outside your role at topics that interest you – plus the chance to develop personally and professionally.
If you think you are the perfect fit, contact us to discuss further or apply online now.
Not quite right for you? You can register here to keep up-to-date with our latest opportunities, have access to your profile at any time, set up your preferences and keep track of your applications