We’re currently recruiting for a new Test Lead job for our Battersea based technology client; one of the UK’s largest developers of front- line clinical systems and solutions within the primary healthcare sector.
You'll join a core development team managing the test resources and taking ownership for the quality and consistency of manual and automation testing.
What will you be doing?
This role is varied, interesting and challenging; it’s an opportunity for you to influence, build and shape their test processes, having a real impact on the testing structure. You’ll manage a team of 5 testers directly, as well as liaising with an offshore function. You’ll drive quality in testing processes, looking at how test automation can be further implemented, and also devise a plan to address areas for improvements in skills and knowledge across the team. You’ll lead from the front, undertaking some of the core testing tasks hands on.
What they’re looking for….
You’re an enthusiastic and inspirational Test Team Lead with a focus on quality and improvement. You’re comfortable collaborating with colleagues across the business as well as 3rd parties and other stakeholders. You’re naturally confident, with excellent communication skills, able to engage and motivate your team. You’ll have experience of Agile development and testing practices, working in a fast-paced and fluid Scrum environment.
Key skills/knowledge for this role include:
- Proven commercial manual and automation testing experience
- Excellent technical awareness, problem solving skills and natural curiosity.
- A drive to learn and adapt to the changing landscape of software development.
- An interest in technology, and an ability to assimilate and articulate technical information.
- An aptitude and interest in seeking out and applying new technologies.
- An enthusiastic and inspirational approach to software testing.
- A track record of delivering software to agreed quality and cost.
- A keenness to challenge, innovate and champion new ideas.
If you have experience of any of the following areas, it would be really useful, but it's not essential:
- Windows development environment; Atlassian products such as BitBucket, Jira; knowledge of the UK healthcare domain
What they offer
A competitive salary and a great range of company benefits, including matched pension, health cash plan and well-being allowance.
It’s a friendly, supportive and focused environment, working within a highly enthusiastic and experienced team who are really excited about their new project focus, taking huge pride in what they do and the positive impact this has on a wide range of health service providers across the UK.
This is a permanent full time role 35hrs/week Mon-Fri, office based in Battersea.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this role, contact us to discuss further or apply online now.
Not quite right for you? You can register here to keep up-to-date with our latest opportunities, have access to your profile at any time, set up your preferences and keep track of your applications